48 million people in the US that get sick from a foodborne illness each year! In addition to the innocent people simply eating food they assumed to be safe, a food safety recall is devastating to a business in many ways. A business that issues a food safety recall, for any reason, will feel its consequences for years to come. A comprehensive study reported...
OVER 81% OF SURVEY RESPONDENTS DESCRIBED THE FINANCIAL CONSEQUENCES OF A RECALL AS EITHER 'SIGNIFICANT' OR 'CATASTROPHIC'
4 BIGGEST FOOD RECALL FINANCIAL EXPOSURES
- Lost Profits From Business Interruption - The largest financial impact, up to $30 million and even higher, comes from the business being suspended to address the recall.
- Recall Execution - Storing, transporting or destroying products, supplying replacement products, or public relations to manage reputation or brand damage.
- Liability Risks - Potential lawsuits, class action suits, settlements, attorney and court fees add up.
- Brand Reputation Damage - Potentially, the hardest factor to recover from is the loss of business due to lost consumer trust in your brand and products. It can take years!
LOWER YOUR FOOD SAFETY RISK
A food recall is extremely tough on business. Does your food safety program include everything needed to lower the risk of a foodborne illness outbreak?
Our Latest Research
- Eagle Protect nitrile gloves have characteristics similar to Teflon®.
- Soils, which can contain diseases, don’t stick well to Eagle nitrile gloves.
- Vinyl gloves have 3 TIMES the cross-contamination potential as Eagle Protect nitrile protective gloves.
Pretty cool huh? We think so. Eagle Protect offers a range of certified safe disposable gloves to protect you, your staff and your business reputation.
We recommended that vinyl disposable gloves be worn for short periods only, and not for direct food contact areas. Following our stock clearance sale, we will no longer sell vinyl gloves due to their food safety risks and their impact on environmental and human health.